Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Sixth Week in Weave


                      ( Fig 1)                                            (Fig 2)                                  (Fig 3)





I personally really enjoyed this week in weave, as I experimented with different mediums, such as nail vanish remover which when applied right transfer’s the image in a scratchy faded way however it took some time to perfect this process as you can see in (fig1) this is the effect I added some colour to make my work stand out I was very pleased with this process. I wanted to incorporate this into my weave the faded scratchy effect almost like it’s a glimpse of  memories. So I hand dyed yarns to the colours of my work and used a pattern such as twills and satin which really helped me to produce the effect I wanted I am very pleased with this sample as it relates to my development work. In (fig3) you can really see the colours fading away and mixture of different colours.

I did not enjoy the group lecture this week as I struggled to understand how the slides help us in my opinion I would of loved to have a tutorial on how to make a promotional packed and images of our work for the CV as I have never done one before and the CV tutorial was more about what to include on your CV.






No comments:

Post a Comment