Sunday, 26 June 2016

Degree Show 2016

Degree show





I was very impressed with the work at the degree show the work inspired me giving me new ideas and techniques for my future work. My chosen area is weave I am also interested in delicate attention to detail in my artwork and my weave samples.

Camilla Thomas work is simple yet delicate with great attention to detail she has been selective when choosing the appropriate materials to use in her work. By using natural fibres such as wool and silk gives her weave a much softer and warmer feeling.  

She was inspired by landscapes, which resembles her colour pallet Sky blue white and even black. I thought might be to overpowering when using softer colours however the overall piece was perfect. Camilla work has inspired me to look at natural forms for my summer project and to consider the textures of my yarns in my future work.

Jade Wharton work reminds me of my somewhat of my own work we both seem to have a passion for sketching delicate detailed drawings. Drawing is a very important aspect in my working this process it helps to expand my work and inspires new ideas.

Jades work is very feminine she incorporates a surface pattern in her work inspired by natural forms such as flowers using methods such as sketching painting still life drawing have helped Jade to produce her final piece.




jades work helped me to rediscover my passion for drawing I would also like to try painting with watercolours in my future work.



Eden Lysette Blaber work is all woven by hand her work is beautiful so fine and detailed she plays with different textures and methods her close attention to detail which must have been very time consuming but very rewarding to see the final piece. Her final collection looks almost regal the detail draws you in making you want to look close at the piece drawing you in.

For my summer project I have looked at natural forms such as trees and rocks I want to explore the different marks and textures in my woven work.







No comments:

Post a Comment