Sunday, 14 December 2014

Construct week two



My second week in weave was constrictive I used different yarns for my weave,which had different effects on my work,I started to look at the colors of the yarns in more detail for example, I used the gold and the rusty brown yarn the create the same texture of a door handle as both yarns are made out of a plastic matalic material which had a smooth hard texture, however some yarns took longer to weave such the soft wool and the mohair which kept breaking because the yarn was to soft so it took a longer time to weave because I had to keep threading the yarn however the thick hard wool made my patterns pop out of my weave which gave it a 3D effect. I found group tutorial was helpful because I got to  see other students work which  sparked of more ideas for me and it also  helped with my confidence when speaking out loud which I struggle with.


What I struggled with in my weave was my time keeping I found remembering numbers sequences was hard however I overcome this singing the number pattern out loud which helped me to rember the numbers and to produce my weave a lot quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment