Saturday, 21 November 2015

Reflection of Weave samples


       (Fig 1)                             (Fig 2)                             (Fig 3)                                (Fig 4)





When reviewing my weave sample I think as a collection they relate and work well together however (Fig1) is the most powerful image as it has bright colours, fading which relates to my previous drawings.
In (Fig2) and (Fig3) I used  much more lighter tones  to relate towards my drawing of myself on holiday I though using patterns such as twills repeated adding hints of colour would be great for my weave pieces it still has the fading detail however it’s not as powerful as (Fig1) in my opinion.
When looking at which of my samples do not fit into my collection I  would have to say  (Fig4) because The pattern looks out of place as I  did my weaving to tight and made errors also the colours don’t quite match my pallet however I did not see this until my piece was woven. While thinking about the context I have considered my work would look better as an interior pillow case design for reasons such as the dyes do not run when being washed furthermore my fabric is not so delicate as to fall apart when used its hardwearing and durable perfect for a pillow.








No comments:

Post a Comment