Week One..
Knit Samples
During my first week of Knit I must admit it was very slow I
could not really expand on my project as I was just coming to term with learning
the knit techniques which in my opinion it was a lot harder than it looks much
more complicated than weave I will try my best to learn all the techniques then I
can put some of my ideas into my knit work.
My first sample as to can see didn’t last long it fell off
the knit machine after four rows I then discovered I was using the wrong
tension I do think knit is a very hard skill to learn because if you follow one
step wrong your whole knit will fall off however my second and third sample was
much more of an improvement as you can see my knit has no holes in it and I can
change colours.
The only thing I don’t like about knit you are on your own a lot of the time there are only few group sessions which if you’re a beginner you need a lot more one on one attention. I am currently enjoying knit so far but it is a challeng.
week two...
During my second week of knit I feel I am more confident with basic knit skills I really enjoyed the punch card techniques however I am struggling to find inspiration from the recent trips I plan to visit other places over the holiday however for now I am looking at my photos took from Plat hall using the window view technique which I learnt on Friday drawing day selecting different sections of my photos which interested me. In group crit I was told I need to focused on something rather than just drawing random objects in my work I need a concept however when thinking what I like the most was the floral pin cushions there materials and colour was very interesting I may wish to explore this further over the holidays.


No comments:
Post a Comment