Visual Research
Week one..
During the Easter
holidays I went to lots of different places, which inspired me within my Unit X
project the first place I went to was the Whitworth art gallery which had a
beautiful collection of floral patterns which somewhat reminded me of the floral
pattern on the costumes in Plat hall, however
what really caught my eye was a beautiful exhibition called “War Room” by James Copper it was a very emotional piece, which really inspired me
to look at the meaning why do we leave flowers for our loved ones is it because
we want to capture one last moment with that person one last memory which got
me to think where would be the best place to find this out?
The Second place I went to was a Grave site where
many people go to capture a apart of the person they have lost I then collecting
discarded flowers as I walked there was something about flowers decaying which excited
me I want to incorporate flowers into my work and knit work however I am unsure
how to do this yet. By going to a grave site it helped me to think more in depth
about my work thinking more about the context of my work a of with I have
struggled with in previous brief and am trying to improve upon.
Week Two..
During the second and
third week of Easter I wanted to explore flowers and there significance into my
work I looked at it in a completely different light, trying to come out of my
comfort zone by drawing with the actual flower to see what interesting marks it
could produce I also printed with the flowers to create different textures onto
the paper however I did not feel it was capturing want I wanted to I also left
the flower there for a week doing a colour pallet every three day the see the
range of different colours I was amazed to see how it changed over such a short
period of time I felt as I have explored the flowers significance however I
felt there was something missing but it was still a fun processes
exploring flowers. I have being trying
to work on the points I was given from my last briefs feedback to be more
selective when developing my sketch book which has been very hard as I was
taught that a sketchbook is for
experimenting in college my tutor used to say “don’t bin anything away put it
in your sketchbook” however I realize now that’s what my technical file is for.


No comments:
Post a Comment