Monday, 12 October 2015

Third week of Weave

       
                                       (Fig 1)                                                               (Fig 2)




During my third week of weave, I was thinking in what way I could develop my work further, so I first looked at all my visual research and then made my colour palette from it,  at that point I did a lot of colour strips this really helped me to picture what my worp would look like I wanted my worp to be simple with splashes of vibrant colours popping out I collected beautiful bright silky cottons to add to my warp however less is more in my opinion (Fig2) 


I need to be selective of which colours I use I will consider this after creating some more wraps. This week had been more of a development week experimenting with yarns and colour. I struggled this week I need to have more confidence in my work when it comes to development.


Here is an example (Fig1) of my colour wraps I added a hint of red to see what it would look like I think it does pop out however I think I need to consider the yellow tone in my worp I may use creams and whites more neutral colours

No comments:

Post a Comment