Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Unit X Week three and Four

                                             

Looking at colour change

  yarn wrap I crated from the flower however the flower has change colours due to it dyeing this is why my colour pallet keeps changing . 
 
 

Week One..
 
After the Holidays I struggled to remember all the techniques I learnt as I was only just taught the basic techniques and three week is a long time off, I really struggled with carrying on with my knit as I had to retrace my step and reacquaint my myself with all the knit machinery however the group crit helped me develop my ideas further my idea and concept of trapping flowers into my work and also including text into my work such as rubbings from graves memories keepsakes  to give it a deeper meaning.After my crit I felt the idea of trapping the flowers was really good idea however I was way out of my comforts zone as I am struggling severely with my knitting I realize now that knit is not the option for me no matter how much I try I just can’t seem to pick up the skills I am persevering with it but it is quite a challenge to.

For this week I worked on my samples for my technical file and which is taking a longer time than I thought a what is also very time consuming is steaming my samples I left all my samples until there was so many not realizing how long it took to pin my samples and steam them from now on I will do my samples a bit at a time

Week two...




The week after I tried to incorporate flowers into my knit but I struggled to find a way to do this so I experimented but I was still finding basic knit hard let alone trapping flowers. I had to think of another way to incorporate them into my work. I started by writing down some words which would help me when producing my samples. I then thought about the idea of hand knitting flowers and clippings from photos and obituary’s trapping it together between tape I think this technique work fairly well it was difficult to produce as the tape kept breaking however after an hour I managed to knit 4 rows before it broke, this sparked my inspiration what other ways could I incorporate the memories and flowers into my work. I really wanted to create my own yarn to knit with so I did by collecting flowers and sowing onto them with bonder web this technique worked really well it looked faded and old, something that you have treasured over time however when trying to knit with my yarn it did not work as well as I intended it to be it looked quite messy and earthy you could not see all the bits I had incorporated onto it however I do think this yarn has been the turning point for my brief.



No comments:

Post a Comment